Friday, October 28, 2016

Metallica is Touring

This is what Metallica played last night.
I am slightly curious whether or not additional songs find their way into the setlist. The notable tunes that are not included in this setlist but that have seemed to be popular with the band for including are "Fuel," "The Memory Remains," and "Blackened." Also, there is not a single tune from "Death Magnetic," their most recent album. I hope "All Nightmare Long" and / or "Cyanide" finds a way into the setlist. I really would not cry if "Whiskey in the Jar" or "Nothing Else Matters" were banished. I do like that "Moth into Flame" is included! All that said, watching this video gives me goose bumps and makes me not really care what songs they have on their setlist - as long as they play near me, in eastern Iowa.

And that's when I start thinking about how I can't wait to hear these or other tunes live in Kinnick Stadium and / or the UNI-Dome - as if repeating it over and over will make it happen. At football games in both of these stadiums, I have heard "Enter Sandman" over the PA system. Whenever I hear that tune, I say to whomever I'm next to, "I would really love to hear this song live where I'm sitting." If it's in Cedar Falls @ the UNI-Dome, Mark, my brother-in-law, usually just smirks - he's not a Metallica fan.


No comments: