Saturday, October 29, 2016

Not a War Movie Fan but...

I don't like the "great war movie" genre. For example, while I realize movies like "Platoon" and "Saving Private Ryan" - the movies that popped into my head after writing "great war movie" - are considered "great movies," war is just not a subject I want to watch in a movie. I'm not unpatriotic; I'm not delusional about what "war" is in the "real world." I just choose to not immerse myself in that specific genre. I'd rather watch a "Lethal Weapon" or a "Die Hard" or a "Indy Jones" or a "Star Wars" or "The Shawshank Redemption" before I watch a movie about war. And if the "war movie" is rated R, there's a less than zero chance I will be willing to go. That all said, I like the trailer for this movie - which is about war - and if I read the reviews and they're not describing gory battlefield scenes, I might consider going to see "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk."


No comments: