Monday, April 30, 2018

Need to Trim 20 GB

I have a 1 TB external hard drive which is designated as v: which I've been using as a backup drive for my music files. When I tried to make up a backup last night, Windows Explorer complained that I did not have the capacity to copy my music files to v: because the drive has a capacity of 1 TB and the files I was trying to copy had a size of 1.02 TB, which means in order to continue to use the v: drive, I need to remove 20 GB of duplicate files (or extraneous files).

However, here's a look to the future. I haven't begun to convert the 522 CDs that I purchased on March 28th, 2018. Randomly, I selected Spindle 01, Spindle 10, Spindle 20, Spindle 30, and Spindle 50 - 500ish CDs - to get an idea about the space the 522 CDs will require. As the screenshot shows, those spindles come out to 72 GB (rounding up) so in order to use the V: drive, I need to trim 20 GB to create a current backup and then, trim 70 GB to create a future backup when the 522 CDs from my purchase on 3/28/18 are converted. Guess I'm not going to be using the V: drive in the future.

No comments: