Monday, August 27, 2018

BtP Opens New Doors

Ministry is not a band I'm familiar with whatsoever. I'm aware they existed - they could be broken up or together, I don't know without looking at wikipedia - so hearing Burn the Priest cover their tune gave me reason to listen to this tune. Prior to changing their name to Lamb of God, Burn the Priest is what they called themselves.


That's a decent tune.


When I think about Chris Adler, Lamb of God's drummer, I think nothing but positive thoughts. I interviewed Chris Adler prior to Lamb of God's gig in Cedar Rapids, IA, nearly a decade ago and, as a person, as a drummer, I will never say anything negative about him. While I respect the musical abilities of the other members of Lamb of God, I am just not a huge fan of Randy Blythe's vocals. I know the band caught some flack when they released a tune with "clean vocals" but my gosh, I don't like his vocals!


Call me old school, but I would really enjoy learning what he's singing about! I know they can do better - I've heard really good vocals in "The Duke" and cannot accept the screaming another moment!



Editor's Note: The label for "Ministry" was added because of this post.

No comments: