Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Nirvana Sucks!

Last June, at the Metallica concert in Newton, IA, when the DJ from The Beastie Boys was entertaining the crowd between sets, there was a guy who was having a good time near us with who I presumed was his girlfriend. There are two reasons I remember this. First, the guy was about my height and his girlfriend was short, like Karen and I. Second, when the DJ played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" over the PA, this guy shouted, "Nirvana Sucks!" I've told various people about him shouting his opinion about Nirvana, but I never knew his name.

But before I get to his name, you have to do a time jump to Monday, August 13, 2018, at the Bad Authority / Chevelle / Papa Roach concert. I look over and see that same guy with the same girl! I struck up a conversation with him and found out his name is "Vic" and he lives in West Liberty, IA. I don't recall her name, though I did find out she graduated from UNI in 2007 and lived in the Towers. In the picture below, I'm not holding the Papa Roach setlist in my hand:


No comments: