Tuesday, November 27, 2018

I can meet up pretty much anywhere!

The title of this post is the last line in an ad from the CL > bellingham > for sale > musical instruments - by owner site, which happens to be quite a few hours away from my home in North Liberty.



That's why this ad struck me as unintentionally funny.


Ludwig Vistalite Clear Acrylic Kit 5 Piece - $1000

Selling my Vistalite kit. One of the greatest sounding kits ever made. I believe mine is an earlier version, towards when they first started making them. Definitely not a reissue! I never did any restoration, and before I got it it sat unplayed for at least a decade. Anyway, some nice fat sizes for hard rocking. The chrome has some corrosion but its all surface stuff. The kick drum has a crack running through one of the spur mounts, but it hasn't grown since I owned it. They are easy to fix, its just a cosmetic thing more than anything, but its on the bottom so I never cared. It's definitely a worn kit, with the shells kind of cloudy in certain spots, but you could use acrylic cleaners or whatever if you wanted it to look closer to new. A player's kit for sure. Just the kick and four toms are included.

I can meet up pretty much anywhere!

No comments: