Wednesday, November 14, 2018

This life is a joke and death is the punchline

This morning, I read about a new concert happening at Gabes in January 2019:

1/17 - AMIGO THE DEVIL @ GABE'S OASIS - 330 E WASHINGTON ST - $12 ADV/$15 DOS - DOORS: 7:00/SHOW: 8:00 *W/HARLEY POE

Naturally, I needed to listen to Amigo the Devil because I had never heard of them. Listen to the tune in the video below after you read the lyrics:


You are the hammer, I am the nail,
Building a house in the fire on the hill,
There is a string that leads me to hope,
I tied the noose, but you are the rope,
And it was a lie that got me in bed,
I am the dog, you are the shed,
I can't find the perc in the percocet when you're not around.

And this is the fight that taught me how to feel,
I am the drunk, you are the wheel,

So I drink 'till the night becomes another day,
And today is just another thing in our way,
No one ever chooses to be a flawed design,
But this life is a joke and death is the punchline.

You are the queen, I am the rook,
You are the fire and I burn like a book,
Don't know how this one ends 'till I die,
And the honest part of reliable is the lie,
The greater the power the more the abuse,
You are the hand I worship the bruise,
If romance is dead I guess I'm a necrophiliac,

Every god needs a sacrifice,
I am the cross, and you are the Christ,

So I drink 'till the night becomes another day,
And the day's just another little thing in our way,
There's something about the way you beat me down,
And I'll never learn
You're the point of no return,
The pain in my chest, the stain on your dress,
The glass in my eye,
But this life is a joke, and death is the punchline.

La la da da la da da la da da oh,
Life is a joke, and death is the punchline

La la da da la da da la da da oh,
This life is a joke and death is the punchline x3

I really like the lines "the honest part of reliable is the lie" and "today is just another thing in our way" - very perceptive. Enjoy!



Additional Information

https://www.amigothedevil.com
https://www.facebook.com/amigothedevil
https://www.twitter.com/amigothedevil
https://www.instagram.com/amigothedevil

No comments: