Monday, November 19, 2018

Said Goodbye Yesterday to CES

The father of my friend referred to on this blog as BSS passed away last week. Karen and I drove to Murdoch Funeral Home in Marion, IA, for the wake. My mind often tries to recall my past interactions with the deceased on a drive to a wake or funeral and in Calvin's case, I truly believe I interacted with him twice. The first time was when I helped him move from a house in southwest Cedar Rapids to a house in northeast Cedar Rapids. The second time was at BSS's wedding. May his soul be granted eternal peace and may comfort find his family and friends as they mourn the emptiness he filled during his time on earth.
Calvin Earl Struchen, 77, of Toddville, Iowa, passed away peacefully on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, at his home. A Parish Vigil Service will be held at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18, 2018, at Murdoch Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Marion. A visitation will follow the vigil service until 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 19, 2018, at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Hiawatha.

No comments: