Wednesday, December 3, 2008

5 in 5 and more Lunacy Eruptions

I started the week with 4 projects all due on 12/5. Today, my manager gave me project #5 that has to be done by 12/5 for a demo on Monday. She told me that if she has to juggle, one of the projects - incidentally the one that hasn't been brought to the correct software environment for me to do my work - would slide past Friday in order to get this new 5th project done. I made more progress on one of the projects today and that felt good.
Tonight is our regular season final game for the Regina Dudes. We played the team we play tonight in our first game. In that game, we won. However, we have lost 3 of our last 3 games so things are not a given. We are 3-3 so I'm hoping to win tonight to make us above .500.
In other news, I FINALLY got the User Interface for 7 of our new systems that are arriving in my department on 12/31/08. I spent last night, from 9-11, marking the user interface up. It is 54 pages. There were simple things like correcting "email" (should be e-mail) and "fax" (should be FAX) as well as other larger questions like having five fields with the same first four words as the label. I suggested creating a group box with those four words as the group box name so that the actual field name is 1 word (or sometimes 2).
I listened to the Dance Club Massacre today. They suck.
Ozzy Osbourne is 60 today.

No comments: