Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There it Is

An opportunity to possibly do some moonlighting work for someone arose today. I indicated my interest but did not hear back. Maybe tomorrow, before the holidays kick in full swing, I'll hear something back regarding the potential client's interest. It would be a large project but one to keep me busy. On top of that, my regular moonlighting gig is going to ramp up again after the first of the year.

All of this after fretting a bit about Christmas spending. I bought Karen some stuff on Sunday. She thinks I haven't gone shopping for her so she went ahead and bought some things for herself "that you can give to me." I smirked and said, "You don't know everything you think you know."

The new snow blower came home from Cedar Rapids in the back of our truck tonight. Karen drove up to CR to pick up a present for a nephew at the Super Target and stopped downtown to pick up the snow blower. Lots of smoke so we're a bit concerned whether every thing is really okay with this new beast.

I work from 7:30-11:30 tomorrow and then I'm gone until 12/29. Then I have 12/29 and 12/30 to develop UI changes so that they can be released on 12/31. Then I'm gone again until 1/5. There is no shortage of things I could be doing at work. I stayed late tonight so that I could get my work done so that I can leave tomorrow @ 1130 and not having to stay later.

I need to bust out @ 11:30 so I can make it to North Liberty by 12, eat a quick sandwich with the kids, then load them into the van with me to take my drums to North Central Junior High for 4:00 Mass. The music minister is bringing a piece of carpet so I'm hoping my drums fit on it. The carpet has two purposes: one to not allow the metal claws in my bass drum 'feet' to scrape the gym floor and two, to hold me in place so I don't have the infamous "bass drum creep" while playing. I'm playing with the kids' orchestra - definitely the oldest in the group. We rehearsed on Sunday and it went really well. I don't know where she found all these kids but they listen to her.

It's 11:00 now. I'm tired. I went to Casey's to get gas for the snow blower but failed to remember to get garbage stickers for garbage day tomorrow. That means I need to leave my house by 6:30 so I can get stickers, apply them, and make it to CR by 7:30.

I don't plan to write from Balltown and my favorite mother-in-law's dial-up internet connection so this is it until Sunday.

No comments: