Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Destination: Algona, Iowa



That crow is tasting mighty fine. I'm glad to eat it. After all my complaining and whining about concerts not coming to my area - and the demise of Waterstock in Des Moines - I about fell out of my chair when I started reading about Rock Gone Wild - a music festival in IOWA - that is going to have one of my favorite bands of all time - Dangerous Toys - included in the lineup. Where is Algona, Iowa? Don't feel bad. It's only 3 hours 33 minutes or 214.60 miles.


My daughter just came downstairs and it is 8:00 (her bedtime) so I may write later.


It's 10:06. I got sucked into watching "Independence Day." That movie always seems to have a negative connotation - that it was overly dramatic and cliche and all these bad things, but I like it.
Work was okay today. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow but I made good progress today. I wouldn't say I'm behind schedule because I can't burn a CD until the cut is made and, as of today, the cut hasn't been made. I know that I have until 3:00 on Monday, 12/22, to have the CDs in the mail. What happens between now and then is likely to be chaos. Pure chaos.

So, back to Rock Gone Wild. Here is the line-up as of now: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=383689151. The following bands are listed on the website as being a part of this 4 day concert:
CANDLEBOX
PUDDLE OF MUDD
SALIVA,
SKID ROW
GREAT WHITE
KIX
SAIGON KICK,
TIGERTAILZ,
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR,
DANGEROUS TOYS
HELIX,
RHINO BUCKET,
JUNKYARD
LIZZY BORDEN,
TYKETTO,
DIRTY LOOKS,
BABYLON A.D. ,
GYPSY PISTOLEROS


Here's the prices: http://www.rockgonewild.com/tickets/types.php

I can't find anything on a lineup for Rocklahoma 2009 or Memphis in May 2009 - http://www.thebealestreetmusicfestival.com/bealestreetmusicfestivallineup.htm - which I will not be attending. It is May 1-3, 2009, and my nephew is receiving his first Holy Communion in Chicagoland so I'll be attending that event.

No comments: