Monday, December 8, 2008

Nancy

I was feeling like I had a lot to write about tonight. I was going to download some pictures of the surprise party on Friday night and post them here. I was going to write a long piece about working from 11-2 and then from 10-12 last night in order to get my work done. I was also going to write about my progress on getting more doc changes done so that I am ready to cut on Friday. I was even going to speculate on the reasoning behind holding a Catholic Holy Day Mass at a place that is not a church and how I felt about that. Finally, I was going to even write about how my wife, my son, and my daughter are all sick with some kind of bug and that I am glad I haven't been hit with it.

Instead, I'd like to briefly tell you about Nancy. Nancy was killed in a car accident on Sunday, per this website: http://tinyurl.com/5en7hl Nancy was involved in a group called CEW or Christian Experience Weekend. These are weekends that celebrate community and friendship and faith. We attended Mass at the Education Station. At the end of Mass, Father Helms announced Nancy's passing.

Those that knew her will be saddened but also acknowledge that she is in a better place.

Now I've written what I wanted to really write about this evening.

No comments: