Thursday, December 12, 2013

Another Career Update

First, just for the record, last night, we did not have Lou's Classic Ride rehearsal. For the record and because I may not always remember what I did, here it is: I watched TV and fell asleep relatively early.

Thinking about it today, I realize it would have been a good night to work on the conversion projects, but I did not. I was tired. The day began by taking the boys (Sam Goldsmith, Seth Goldsmith & my son, Alex) to basketball practice at Iowa City West in the morning. This meant my alarm went off at 4:30 AM. Alex and I left the house at 5:10 AM and by 6:00 AM, I was sitting at my desk. It will be the same schedule tomorrow as well. Alex's team voted to have an early morning practice, mainly so the team will be free to watch the Iowa / ISU men's basketball game tomorrow night. The team's original schedule was for them to get done with practice at 6:30 PM. Because I am an early bird type of person, I volunteered to drive in the morning, even though I think that getting up early will result in not working on the conversion tonight.

Second, the reason for my post. In my cubicle, I have a schedule for a document that needed to be written. These were the project milestones:
  • First Draft Complete: 12/6/13
  • Development Review Complete: 12/10
  • Updates Complete: 12/11
  • Development Approval: 12/12
  • Published: 12/13
I am happy to acknowledge I *did not* keep that schedule. This is the actual schedule:
  • First Draft Complete: 12/6/13
  • Development Review Complete: 12/12
  • Updates Complete: 12/12
  • Development Approval: 12/12
  • Published: 12/12
I was done an entire day EARLY!! I received information about some UI changes on Tuesday, 12/10, and then, yesterday, I was in a 1 hour meeting where the document was reviewed. After the meeting, I made the updates. This morning, I sent the document out! I am happy to have completed this work.

No comments: