Friday, September 26, 2014

Pausing for a Moment

Right before I left work yesterday, Sonia pointed out a help text file that had a small cosmetic issue with it. I told her I would look at it today, Friday. I created a Google calendar event so I would be reminded that I needed to look at it and correct the issue. I didn't look at the help text file yesterday in Fatwire (the tool we use to create and edit the help text for this system). So, when I came in to work, my Google calendar popped up and I went into Fatwire. I found the help text file and when I looked at its properties, I discovered that the last co-worker to work on this help text was my co-worker who committed suicide on 2/1/2012, which I wrote about here. It made me momentarily pause any action as I looked at her name. Her former cubicle, where I sit, looks pretty much the same except two weeks ago, I had my desk raised. Since Monday, 9/22, I stand at my desk instead of sitting. Other than that, it looks the same. I thought about her and about what dark place she must have been in if she thought suicide was an answer. I hope her soul has found peace.

No comments: