Wednesday, September 17, 2014

So Much for THAT Idea


UPDATE: Concert review by Diana Nollen of the Cedar Rapids Gazette is posted here.

I included the Busy Life tag because, thanks to what happened last night, my life is just a smidge less busy. Here's why.

The Five Finger Death Punch / Volbeat / Hell Yeah / Nothing More concert is this Saturday night. Last night, I decided I needed to get my ticket purchased so I went to Ticketmaster.com to do so. Guess what? The concert is SOLD OUT! The only tickets I could find were what is shown below.
In a heartbeat, I would pay $106.88 for a Metallica concert ticket and I'd even flirt with the idea of paying $363.36 for a ticket. I told Karen about the concert being sold out and the prices. She said I could get the $100 ticket (I neglected to mention the $6.88) and it could be my birthday present, but not the $300 ticket.

What makes me really mad is that I've known about this concert for months. It's not like it was announced yesterday. I guess it never occurred to me that they would sell out. What makes me really perturbed as well is that I was going to go with my friend Chris. He sent me a text the other day that he had bought his ticket so that's what had kicked me in the butt to go get mine. Months ago, I had asked my other friend Brian if he wanted to go and so I checked with him to see if he still wanted to go. It turns out that he is unable to go due to other commitments.
The bottom line is that Chris is going to the concert alone because I never considered that they would sell out. I just never considered it as a possibility. So when I told Chris about the concert being sold out last night, he wasn't mad. In fact, we had a nice little text message chat:
  • Chris:
    • If you are super upset I could sell you mine at cost. [My girlfriend] would rather I went with her to Wisconsin this weekend.
  • Me: 
    • I'm just mad that I said I would go with you and didn't follow through. Don't want you to have to go alone.
  • Chris: 
    • Oh, no worries. They put on a good show. I'll have a good time .... don't go spending a bunch of money because you feel bad. Definitely not.

Chris is a great guy. Even though I haven't worked with him on a daily basis for nearly 4 years (10/15/2010), I hope the stars align so that we can work together at the same company again someday. I miss working with him on a daily basis.

No comments: