Friday, January 9, 2015

Country Music Mashup

From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

I just want to be clear that this Mashup is all in good fun. I am not bashing these songs. I understand and even appreciate why the "formula" continues to dominate the airwaves- not only in country music, but in pop and other genres as well. I simply enjoy mixing and producing on Pro Tools, and when I heard the striking similarities of these particular hits, I thought it would be fun to throw them all in a mix and see what I could come up with. And it looks like people are having fun with it too, so I couldn't be happier!

"Sure Be Cool If You Did"- Blake Shelton
"Drunk on You"- Luke Bryan
"Chillin' It"- Cole Swindell
"Close Your Eyes"- Parmalee
"This is How We Roll"- Florida Georgia Line
"Ready, Set, Roll"- Chase Rice

As an aspiring songwriter/producer living in Nashville who, like so many, has had a hard time getting a bite from the "gate keepers", my current experiment is working on a song specifically designed to become the 7th entry to this mashup formula (hence the "To Be Continued" at the end of the video). I figure hey, at the very least, they won't be able to say it doesn't sound like a hit! :)

No comments: