Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Deflated

On the Cedar Rapids Craigslist page for Musicians, I saw this:
|
Established metal band seeking a experienced drummer. All orginals. No covers. Ready to get back out and play asap. Shoot a text for more details. Or check out our page and have a listen. Www.facebook.com/suffocatingsilence thanks!
|
So, I went to https://www.facebook.com/SuffocatingSilence and that led me to https://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/view_playlist/-4?page_object=artist_1827738 and then there was a hissing sound as all the excitement I had felt when I read the ad left me. I felt like a deflated balloon. While I certainly commend the band for playing a style of heavy metal that is similar to Lamb of God or a hardcore metal band, it's not the type of band / musical style I envision myself playing drums on a regular basis. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the genre because I still contend that bands like Lamb of God and, from only hearing one song, Suffocating Silence have a lot of musicianship.

And yes, I'm still pissed that Slipknot is touring with Lamb of God but only coming to Cedar Rapids with Hatebreed.

No comments: