Saturday, July 25, 2015

Groundbreaking!

For the very first time *EVER* in our many years of camping in Elkader, I am sitting in our camper and connected to the Internet on a laptop and not my cell phone via our family's data plan. For $10, I now have a single access code that I can use on a single device. I chose to use it on my laptop with the idea that using data is an option, if I need it.


Today, we're going to the Sweet Corn Days parade downtown - actually, in 13 minutes. Traditionally, and I see no reason to not do it today, I visit the Elkader Public Library Book Sale. Two years ago, I purchased the PC towers and flat screen monitors that are in the den. One year ago, I took the printer / copier / scanner that they had marked as "free" home with me. I ended up purchasing a cable in Prairie Du Chien, WI, but the actual piece of hardware was free. Now, I have a second printer / copier / scanner in the den because when work decided to change to an Open Office layout, I was told there wouldn't be room for it on my new desk and that I could take it home, if I wanted.

Uh, YEAH!!!

Anyways, it's time to go see what I can get today at the book sale....and watch the parade as well.

No comments: