Wednesday, December 23, 2015

That THUD You Heard

I never had any intention of going to Pasadena, CA, to see the Iowa Hawkeyes play Stanford in the Rose Bowl. Ever. When it was announced, I thought, "Good for them, not happening." Ticket prices were announced to be $500 / ticket and Iowa fans bought them.

Yesterday, it was pointed out that tickets to that game are now ~$150. Read about it here.

The other thud you heard was the door slamming as the Gazette's copy editor walked out the door prior to proofing a story about the men's basketball team winning last night. That's the only explanation I can give for these two errors shown below. Where is the quotation mark immediately prior to the "I jumped him" sentence? And I think He wanted me to pick it up is what Jok meant and, very likely, actually said. The Rock is the only person I know that speaks in the third-person when referring to himself. 

No comments: