Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Discuss the Trial

It is somewhat difficult to wake up and have questions about the future that can't be answered.
1. When will the job search end?
2. What am I going to do if this employer I am applying at doesn't hire me?
3. What did I do to deserve this? Or, said another way, what is wrong with me?
I called my friend Todd and talked to him about his life. The company he was working at screwed him over. He has been thrust into a job search.
Having just been through the HELL that is a job search, I really would like to have the ability to hire him. I really would like to have the ability to make the crap he is going through end. It's just not right. I feel like if I can tell Todd some words of encouragement from time to time and help keep up his spirits, the HELL that I went through could have some benefit.
It's not really fair to anyone to go through a job search and to wonder if the stars will align. The first two weeks of my new job have been awesome. I feel like I'm in the right place for the years between now and retirement. That is a good thing for me to feel like I'm home.

No comments: