Friday, April 29, 2016

Rare

This video was published on Oct 18, 2015. For me to sit and watch a guitar player play a cover of a Prince song is something I think will be a rare event in my life. Of course, yes, it is Dream Theater's guitarist and of course, yes, he is an amazing guitarist. Don't forget that I am simply a drummer with no guitar playing ability. Still, the fact that this video was published several months prior to Prince's death last week shows me that his music reached musicians on many different levels. I wish I knew if Prince ever knew John Petrucci or that his influence was genre-crossing. I'm sure Prince has already found his way to Hendrix, Vaughan, Garcia, Dio, Bonham, AJ Pero, Burton, and so many others I can't recall at the moment. Since there's no fans to sue, I'm sure they are making awesome music together.



No comments: