Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Special Day

Yesterday was my mom's mom's birthday. I think of her a lot as she was one of many sources that shaped me into the person I am. Karen and I went to a Mexican restaurant called Cactus. Karen got a margarita because Grandma liked to have a margarita on her birthday.


The following picture is from when she was staying at Hallmar in Mercy Hospital towards the end of her time on earth. In fact, I think it was on her last birthday that this picture was taken. She passed away on April 23, 2006. Though she shared her birthday with my brother, I always felt extremely close to her. She started me on the path of loving music - review of the first ever member of my music collection - and for that I will always think of her with a fondness that cannot be described in words.

She was my friend and I miss her.


http://www.cedarmemorial.com/Obituary/2006/Apr/Louise-C-Simons/

No comments: