Friday, November 11, 2016

This snare drum was posted on the Wisconsin > Milwaukee > Musical Instruments for Sale by Owner page. This is the original text of the ad:


This is a classic Ludwig Clear Vistalite drum kit! Beautiful clear acrylic drums still in good condition considering they've been around since the late 70's. Incredible looking and they sound huge!

This is a 5-piece set which includes the following:
22x14" Bass drum
12x8" Rack tom w/suspension mount
13x9" Rack tom w/suspension mount
16x16" Floor tom w/legs
14x5.5" Maxtone clear acrylic snare

Overall, the shells are very clear with no clouding and the chrome is in great shape. Most parts are original including floor tom legs, bass drum spurs, tom mounts, and internal mufflers. I also have original Ludwig script double tom holder!

Check out a quick video I shot to get an idea of the set: https://youtu.be/W4UUn7-UWHE

Badges are in tact, but some are broken (the reason Ludwig started rounding the edges of their badges shortly after this era).

As is typical of some of these older Vistalites there are a few cracks, all of which have been properly repaired with Weld-On acrylic glue and are holding nicely. The 12" tom and snare have no cracks. The 13" tom has a crack but it is not split, you can't see it when it is setup, and it hasn't affected the sound. The floor tom has a crack about 4 inches long and the bass has 2 small ones. Again, these have all been repaired and are holding just fine.

Also, there's a brand new Ludwig sticker on the bass head

This is a great vintage set with a very cool vibe. I really can't even describe in words how huge this kit sounds!

I think the asking price is fair but feel free to make me an offer. Email with any questions or to come check it out, thanks!

There were 13 pictures of this beautiful musical instrument, but I only am posting 5, showing great restraint in not spending a lot of time downloading pictures for a drumset I know I will not ever see in person. That said, this would be the perfect  drumset to add to my existing drum I have used since 1984, which is when my parents purchased my Ludwig Vistalites. I could envision setting up a double bass set using this set.

This is the video referenced in the ad above and, below the video are the pictures of it.


No comments: