Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Winning a Grammy for St. Anger just sounds wrong

Lars Ulrich actually said the title of this post in this interview. He answered this question - Metallica music was played by American troops in Afghanistan to repel the Taliban. Would the war have been over much faster if they’d used Nickelback? - with these words: "Forget about Nickelback — the war would have been over even faster if they’d stuck to only St. Anger songs."

Really?

If I were James or Robert or Kirk, I would be very insulted. It trivializes the work the band did to get through Jason Newsted leaving the band, James Hetfield going into rehab, and learning about each other as people, not just bandmates. Of course, I wasn't in the day-to-day events during the making and releasing of that record so I may be all wet. Still, I find it very disheartening that Ulrich would make it sound like he wasn't proud of the result of that hard work. It makes it seem as though the hard work was easy and the efforts invested was worthless.

And then, I see this:


And, upon seeing that, I agree with this comment that is below the above video on youtube.com:

No comments: