Monday, November 21, 2016

What is the best mentality / approach to life which will benefit me for the rest of my life?

Gemma Hoyle answers the title of this post in the following way:

A mentality I’ve adopted that has really improved how I view life is the “two cakes” approach. A couple of years ago I stumbled upon it in a comic that’s circulated Tumblr quite a few of times.


Although this is really useful as an artist, I’ve found it applicable to all areas of living.

I think a lot of our current, modern society is based upon this idea of linear progress, that we should keep working to get better, to have better lives, to improve things - which of course leads to constantly comparing yourself to others. In actuality that’s just not how life works!

It’s so liberating to realize that whatever you put forward, no matter how small, is still a valid contribution to the world and can make people happy regardless of how satisfied you feel personally with what you’ve done.

From there, as you continue to make things, in whatever profession you pursue, you’ll get closer to closing the gap between what you want to be making and what you are making. And that feels pretty great as well!
Don’t get disheartened by the progress of the people around you, the world is a better place when your unique contributions are a part of it.

This could change every thing...

No comments: