Thursday, September 14, 2017

Enter Sandman 1.0

KIRK HAMMETT Says SOUNDGARDEN Was Inspiration For METALLICA's Classic 'Enter Sandman' Riff

From one of the comments in the Blabbermouth story (with bold/italic added for emphasis):

Well, in the end they repeated that riff only three times and then comes the end part of the riff. But KH recalls everything wrong nowadays...

e|-------------------------|
B|-------------------------|
G|-------------------------| x3
D|-------------------------|
A|--2---2----/7------------|
E|--0---0---------6---5----|

PM------------------|
e|----------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|
D|----------------------------------|
A|-5-------4-------4---5---4--------|
E|-3---0---2---0---2---3---2--------|

This is the song that is cited in the comments:



I'm a drummer - I just hang out with musicians. I have zero credibility in stating an opinion if that tune is a rip-off of Enter Sandman - I'll leave that to my friends who play guitar to say yes or no. I did want to know what the rest of Excel's album sounded like.



I'm not all the way through it, but so far, so good.

No comments: