Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Good Ol' Days

Technical writer-focused conferences came up yesterday in my meeting with my manager yesterday. We were talking about a previous company we both had worked at and I mentioned that the CEO of that company had sent me to two conferences - 2004 in Boston, MA; 2007 in Long Beach, CA. It made me wonder how many conferences, since those two have I not attended. I was only really thinking about this subject because it has been over 5 and a half years since I attended a technical writer-focused conference - 2012 in Memphis, TN.

While I am not going to Las Vegas and I am not going to Portland, OR, I like thinking about what I would learn at these conferences.

DevLearn 2017

When: October 25-27, 2017
Where: The Mirage, Las Vegas
DevLearn is the place where the future of learning comes alive, putting you at the forefront of what’s happening in the learning industry. Discover the latest in cutting-edge technologies and approaches of today, and prepare yourself for what’s coming. You’ll have the opportunity to join your community in the conversations that are shaping what’s next for learning. The future is here, and at DevLearn 2017 you’ll gain the tools and knowledge you need to put the evolving landscape of learning technologies into the context of your own organization, for today and tomorrow.
Review the full program here: https://www.elearningguild.com/devlearn/content/4945/devlearn-2017-conference--expo--keynotes/

The LavaCon Content Strategy Conference

When: November 5-8, 2017
Where: Portland, OR
The LavaCon Content Strategy Conference gives content strategists, documentation managers, and other content professionals an opportunity to get away from the office and tend to their professional development.
Conference mission:
  • To help organizations decrease costs and increase revenue by solving content-related business problems
  • To give content professionals the skills they need to better enable customer success
  • To create a community in which content professionals can collaborate and advance the field as a whole
New in 2017: Tuition for the LavaCon Content Strategy Conference includes pre- and post-conference workshops at no additional charge.
Review the full program here: https://lavacon.org/2017/portland/program/

This conference is not one I would be interested in attending: informationdevelopmentworld.com/schedule/

No comments: