Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Old Tactic

This article - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735300-wwe-deftly-using-dislike-for-enzo-amore-to-boost-205-live - argues that Enzo Amore is being used like The Honky-Tonk Man was used in the 80s, where the champion is someone who is disliked and because of that, the rest of the wrestlers unite to damage the champion whenever they can. Case in point, the entire cruiserweight division took turns demolishing Amore at the end of WWE Raw on Monday night until Braun Strowman came out and demolished him further. I have no insight into whether the author is correct or incorrect in comparing Amore to The HTM as I don't think I was watching pro wrestling during his heyday or, if I did, I don't remember him. It seems as though the Creative staff at WWE are counting on most of its audience not remembering or not watching back then either.

No comments: