Friday, September 22, 2017

We'll See What Happens After It Happens

A LOT has been made of the Iowa Hawkeyes welcoming the Penn State Nittany Lions to Kinnick Stadium on Saturday (tomorrow) night. This article in the Cedar Rapids Gazette - Hlas: At Kinnick, light creates electricity Home night games burn brightly in Iowa memories Sep 22, 2017 at 9:01 am - paints a great picture as to what viewers will likely expect. I will not be one of those viewers as I will be at my oldest niece's wedding in Rock Island - Karen has already declared that she hopes there are no TVs at the reception hall. Thus, I will just have to hope to catch the late night news or that my cell phone battery is holding out during the reception to glance just long enough to get a final score.

Last year, "the Nittany Lions humbled the Hawkeyes, 41-14."

This year? We'll see what happens and, for me, it will be after it has happened.

No comments: