Friday, September 1, 2017

New Old Bayside Tunes

It was with great joy that I saw Bayside released 13 (!!) videos yesterday! I created a playlist for the videos:


That's so cool! It's the 10 year anniversary of "The Walking Wounded" and so they are celebrating that with some gigs - closest one is Chicago at a festival called Riot Fest on Saturday, September 16th. It was pre-planned months ago what we're doing that weekend. We have tickets for the UNI football game in Cedar Falls.



I never really considered going to Chicago.

Back to Bayside, I would truly love to update this page: Bayside Concerts

That's why I sincerely hope the band is using this 10 year anniversary as a brief pause before embarking upon a second leg of their tour in support of "Vacancy," which I still listen to frequently. I know they didn't stop in Des Moines or Iowa City (which they usually do on their tours) and I'd really like to hear "The Ghost" in person. Today, because I don't know of their specific plans for a second leg, I'm full of hope and anticipation that I will be able to see them in concert prior to, oh, the end of 2018. I have my fingers crossed.

In other 'favorite band' news, I know Metallica is off to Europe this fall for a leg of their world tour so I don't expect to hear of any concerts in the area until later this year, which is when I hope they announce another summer tour in stadiums / outside venues. Maybe, just maybe, Kinnick Stadium will get the call to hold another fundraiser for Ashton Kucher's charity!

No comments: