Thursday, September 7, 2017

Walking Routine

At work today, I walked up a flight of stairs, walked 2 laps, walked up a flight of stairs, walked 2 laps, walked up a flight of stairs, walked 2 laps, then walked down 3 flights of stairs. I do this somewhat regularly but not as often or regularly as I should. This is my 3rd day at work this week and I've only done this today (not Tuesday or Wednesday). I do this when I arrive at work earlier than 7 AM because I guess I'm a little self-conscious of the people that work on the other 3 floors wondering who I am when I walk by. I prefer to just stay on the fringes of the floor where I have less of a chance of coming across anyone. I use the time to think about my day ahead and mentally prepare for my work.

Sometimes, I see a sign on a cubicle that makes me smirk and then smile. Of course, then I have to snap a quick photo. That's what happened below:


It says this:

Emergency Service Requests Require Minimum 14 Day Prior Approval - Please Plan Accordingly

As for the rest of my day, I have decided that the only way I am going to actually get up and be healthy is if I just get up from my desk and be healthy. I can't rely on anyone but myself, really, to leave my desk and walk 2 laps around the pond behind our building. It has to be me and if I must, I must walk alone.

No comments: