Thursday, October 12, 2017

Answer: How is your office is going to change

This - How your office is going to change - is more discussion than an article explaining how "your office is going to change" but I thought it was interesting enough to include. From the overview of the conversation:

The office space has changed over the last few decades, with cubicles slowly phased out in favor of open work spaces that allowed for more collaboration. Things are now changing again. It turns out that people didn't want to be crammed into open work spaces at all times, listening to each other's conversation and being an easy target for chatty coworkers. Now offices are moving to what The New York Times has described as a "palette of places," where workers can sit, stand or even lay down in different environments, whether a living room-style space or a quiet nook. While this type of office space has already become popular at newer tech firms, older companies like Microsoft, IBM and General Electric are adopting these spaces.

As for me, this is what my desk looks like, which I like for my job as a Senior Technical Writer as it serves me well. I like the 3 monitors.


No comments: