Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Power

When I am mocking something, I write things like this: "Oh yes! If I have "1 view" on LinkedIn, I have a powerful profile! I should just quit work and wait for the job offers from LinkedIn to overwhelm me!" I would likely be waiting more years than I have left in my career so since that isn't a smart choice, I'll continue working.


By the way, the word "power" has a special connotation to me. Whenever I hear the phrase "power" in conversation, my mind goes to the Everybody Loves Raymond episode called "The Power of No," which is one of my all-time favorite episodes in the series. It hits all the right notes as far as the dynamics between Ray and Debra. Because it's my all-time favorite, I embedded this video:


I'm not alone in thinking the episode was stellar. Per IMDB, "For this episode, Ray Romano was nominated for the 2005 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series." It was originally aired on May 5, 2005, per Wikipedia. To arrive at May 5, 2005, you'd have to set your time machine to go back 4552 days or 12 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days.

No comments: