Tuesday, October 31, 2017

H o C Ends at 6 Seasons

I was late to the "House of Cards" party. Karen and I were paging through Netflix on Megan's Roku when I saw it. I knew I had heard of it as being a 'political drama' but had no other knowledge about it. The first episode was good enough that Karen and I watched a second, then a third. I don't remember how many we watched in one sitting, but it was more than two. We've been fairly busy lately and haven't sat down to watch it until Saturday, 10/28, when I flipped over to the Roku and we ended up watching the end of Season 1, Episode 11. you can read about Season 1 here: House of Cards (season 1)

I'm not sure I will ever watch the rest of the series. nd have many more episodes to go. Per this article that was published yesterday, “House of Cards” [was] Officially Cancelled. From the article, here's the juicy tidbit:

In the wake of star actor Kevin Spacey’s homosexual pedophilia scandal, it was announced that the show will end after its sixth season.

Honestly, I cannot say I'm a huge Kevin Spacey fan, though his work on "House of Cards" is quite good. Karen didn't like the way "Francis" looked at the camera to say something directly to the audience anymore in "House of Cards" than she did when Deadpool did so the first time in the back of the taxi in, duh, the "Deadpool" movie. Yet, despite that irritation, we both sat and would watch the show. I will say I'm not super-duper invested in the characters on the show so maybe it's one I don't finish.

No comments: