Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ideal Compliment to Existing Kit

From new york > brooklyn > for sale > musical instruments - by owner comes an ad for some Ludwig Vistalite drums. Before I get to that, though, here's some thoughts.

The ONLY reason I am mentioning this ad is because it would be the perfect compliment to my existing Ludwig Vistalite set. I have a 24" bass drum and a 13" tom so having two slightly smaller sizes would be really cool. Of course, this is assuming I would want to play double bass, which I have tried at various times over the last 37ish years without a lot of success. I now think I might consider purchasing a double bass drum pedal (playing two beaters on a single drum head) in a band, but I don't envision myself setting up a drum set with two bass drums at a gig in the band I hope to join someday.

And that, actually, leads me to a revelation. It has now been 1165 days (3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 1 day) since my last gig as a drummer in a band. Is this a clue that I'm not supposed to play drums in a band? Is it really supposed to take over 1000 days to find my Ideal Band? It makes me question whether I need to (gulp) sell my drums and give up.

That's a very scary thought to be stewing around in my brain.

Vintage Ludwig Vistalite Drums Clear - $1400

A lovely kit that as been restored with love and care.

Priced to sell or best offer

Shells restored. In great condition.
-new Ludwig chrome hoops top and bottom (New old stock)
-all claws, t-rods, some diamond tom tom mount and several lug casings were replaced. New old stock from Ludwig
-internal muffles and a few lug casings were replaced (NOS)
-New bass drum hoops

14 x 22 Bass Drum
8 x12 Tom Tom
16 x 16 Floor Tom


No comments: