Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Super Metal Band

I'm disqualified because I am not "BETWEEN AGES 18 TO 27" and I can't wish to be younger just because I want to be younger. Good luck to this kid - it sounds like "Charlie" has a vision for his Ideal Band and I am being as sincere as possible when I say I hope that he finds the other players he seeks and actually does get this project past the "idea" stage. These are the details of Charlie's vision:


I read that ad and thought about how being in a band used to be about getting together with some buddies in a basement or a garage, plugging in some amps, setting up the drums, and playing tunes that either had been created together or tunes that influenced the musicians in the room. There are many examples of that across many bands in many genres so I'm not just some old 48 year-old in Iowa reminiscing about what used to be the way a band was formed. Certainly, I embrace technology; I embrace the idea of leveraging technology to do amazing things. Perhaps Charlie sought to find other musicians in "south florida" and came up empty. I am 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 6 days (1215 days) into my own search for an "Ideal Band" and, after many false hopes, I guess I could reasonably state that I have come up empty, thus far. Even the last hope I had - back around Thanksgiving for a Foo Fighters cover band - seems to have been added to the list of the bands I wanted to join but, for one reason or another, it did not happen.
Editor's Note: This post has the "Ideal Band" label, but it is not an "Ideal Band" - it was the closest label available.

No comments: