Monday, December 11, 2017

What Been Could Have Right

How Metallica could have saved Load and ReLoad

... In our hypothetical alternative reality, “Load” and “Reload” was only “Load,” and “Load” was a single disc offering, showcasing only the cream of the crop from the album sessions. The tracklisting looked something like this:


  1. Fuel
  2. The Memory Remains
  3. Devil’s Dance
  4. Until It Sleeps
  5. Bleeding Me
  6. Ain’t My Bitch
  7. 2x4
  8. Hero of the Day
  9. King Nothing
  10. The Outlaw Torn

That's a fairly good lineup of tunes. Personally, I like "Bleeding Me" and "The Outlaw Torn" so I'm glad to see them. I *almost* like "Ain't My Bitch" as an opening track over "Fuel" but I get why "Fuel" is a good choice for the opener. It's interesting. If "Load" only had the above 10 songs, would there have been as much of a fan backlash?

No comments: