Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Maybe it Will Work

I am backing up the g:\music_shell folder to b:\music_shell2 as a means to test whether the b: External Hard Drive (EHD) is dying or not.


It's over 1/2 way done - 54758 was 1/2 way and the job is 4580 beyond that. Frankly, I have a mess. When I was convinced that the b: EHD was dying, I was desperate to copy files off of it to the g: EHD to the degree that I created duplicates, as illustrated in having the same Wayne Kramer album in the g:\music_shell\03_Spindle folder as well as in the g:\music_shell\music folder, as shown in the following graphic:


I was going to start deleting files from the g:\music_shell\music folder that had the same value in the Composer column but then thought a backup would be a good idea. Thus, once the backup completes to the b:\music_shell2 folder, I will eliminate the files in the g:\music_shell\music folder that also exist in a NNNN_Spindle folder, where NNNN is the spindle on which the CD is stored.

In the meantime, I have made some progress on Spindle 38, but am unlikely to finish it today, tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday. I am uncertain when it will be finished.

No comments: