Tuesday, December 12, 2017

On This Day

  • 2000: George W. Bush becomes president-elect as a divided U.S. Supreme Court reverses a state court decision for recounts in Florida's contested election.
    • I remember this.
  • 1997: Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, the international terrorist known as "Carlos the Jackal," goes on trial in Paris on charges of killing two French investigators and a Lebanese national. (Ramirez was convicted, and is serving a life prison sentence.)
    • I don't remember this. It would be nearing Megan's second Christmas so I'm pretty sure I would have been focused on other things.
  • 1977: "Saturday Night Fever," a Paramount Pictures movie starring John Travolta, premieres in New York.
    • I do not recall watching "Saturday Night Fever" in its entirety. I remember seeing parts of it, maybe on TV, at some point, but never all of it. I kind of remember the Travolta's character's brother is a priest and that, maybe, he worked at a paint supplies store? I know it's one of those movies everyone is supposed to see because of its statements about the 70s disco culture and such, but eh, I have no real interest in watching it.

No comments: