Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Catching Up

I decided I needed to synch the files I have on my G, which is my main EHD, with a second drive. I chose the Y drive because I have 48% of it used (1.76 TB out of 3.63 TB) and 51% of it free (1.86 out of 3.63 TB). I'm contemplating the purchase of another 8 TB EHD because G, which is my main EHD, is becoming untrustworthy. When I ran a DOS batch file to give me lists of file types, I saw an error that said I needed to run CHKDSK, which makes me nervous a bit as it is giving me a flashback to Please. No., which is not a good thing.

Every time I think about running a CHKDSK, I have to look up this website - https://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/any-fix-for-windows-7-chkdsk-volume-is-dirty/4266.html - to reread this text so I've pasted it below to avoid doing that anymore:

You can use

CHKDSK E: /R /F

at a command prompt with admin rights. The switches /R and /F will find and repair or mark the bad sectors on the hard disk. ( Pls do not forget to add blank spaces before E and before the slashes. )

These are some screenshots of what I'm about to do:






I'll update this page when I'm done, which, apparently, could be 4 days?!?
Before I left work on Tuesday, 10/9, this is what I saw:

When I arrived at work on Wednesday, 10/10, this is what I saw:





No comments: