Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Why the Gap

Until I posted about my I: drive in the previous post, I had not posted since Friday, April 10, 2020. Today is Wednesday, April 15, 2020. What is the cause of the gap in posts since I typically post Monday through Friday. Why nothing Monday? Why nothing Tuesday?

Well, there's been a lot of adjusting going on in my life.

  1. Until Monday, during the COVID-19 pandemic, I had been working from my cubicle in my employer's building which is, literally, two miles from my house. I had done that because there were many of my co-workers who had decided that they were going to work from home. That meant that in my area of the building in an 18 cubicle section (6 rows of 3 cubicles each) there had been 3 or 4 of us actually working in the building. My cubicle is positioned where there were 6 empty cubicles to my right and usually 2 empty cubicles to my left. Actually, this is hard to describe in words. Here's a picture:
  2. When the decision was made that wearing a face shield was going to be mandatory / expected, I decided that I didn't want to sit in front of my computer for 8+ hours a day with a face shield. Thus, on Friday, April 10, 2020, I carried a bunch of my stuff from my cubicle to the truck and then, eventually, down to the den, which is where I am sitting now.
  3. As far as actual work goes, I know I have written about Knowledge Management elsewhere on this blog. With the COVID-19 pandemic and more co-workers working from home, there has been a need to post information about working from home in a central location.

No comments: