Monday, April 20, 2020

Very Helpful Macros

Last week, I edited 23 Knowledge Articles which were added to our Knowledge Repository. I'm editing these Knowledge Articles in MS Word, which is awesome (for me) because I am a MS Word. There was a requirement that kind of appeared out of nowhere, which is to add a 1/4" border around each graphic in the MS Word document. I remembered that I had this requirement in the past and set out to search all of my *.dotm and all of my *.docm files. While I was searching *my* files, I also used Google to find the two macros on the following page:
https://superuser.com/questions/1288674/apply-border-style-to-all-pictures-with-vba-in-ms-word-2010
I am adding two buttons to my Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) for this functionality:
  1. Applies the border to all graphics within the MS Word file
  2. Unapplies the border to all graphics within the MS Word file
I feel good about the work I accomplished last week and, as the new week begins, I'm looking forward to editing two longer MS Word files. One of the MS Word files is 28 pages and has the most awful table of contents in my entire 25+ years of working with MS Word; the other MS Word file is 14 pages and doesn't have a table of contents in the file. After I begin working on these two files, I will likely be able to edit them quickly.

No comments: