Thursday, April 9, 2020

Go Luka!

Wow! Luka Garza: Consensus First-Team All-American!
HOW INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!
Even though this was published on March 24, 2020, I think it is worth remembering the achievements of Luka Garza as he was named on the First-Team All-American. I might quibble a bit if it should be "All-American First-Team" as well as if "First-Team" needs to be hyphenated, but whatever! Luka Garza is awesome and I hope he returns for his senior season as an Iowa Hawkeye. One "way-too-early" poll for the 2020-2021 season placed the Iowa Hawkeyes as a potential #7 team. I hope with all of my heart that it happens that way. I see the starting 5 for next year to be the following, with the caveat that none of the incoming freshman make enough of a splash once the Fall practices begin to nudge one of these five out of their starting spot:
  1. Luka Garza
  2. Jack Nunge
  3. Jordan Bohannon
  4. Joe Wieskamp
  5. Connor McCaffery
Of course, the trick will be whether that group of 5 can gel as a unit. Nunge & Bohannon basically lost a year of 'game experience' playing with each other which you can't just make up through practices. The expectations will definitely be high for the upcoming season. I sincerely hope that all the hard work that happens between "now" and "this time next year in the 2020 NCAA Championship Tournament" pays off big time!

No comments: