Monday, April 20, 2020

Starting My Week

My wife is a RN at UIHC. Due to COVID-19, she was asked to work from 3 AM - 7 AM this week to help manage the influx of people coming in to UIHC. My wife had declared that I would not be taking her to work this week, but I did so today, April 20, 2020, and I plan to do so for the next 4 mornings. That was my vow - to be with my wife in good times and bad. Driving my wife to UIHC is not a "bad time" but, in general, with all the changes to our lives due to COVID-19, I feel like I need to do this.

What does this look like in real life? This is what my life has been like, starting with last night.

Whenever presented with the opportunity to do so, now that I have watched all of Ozark's Season 3 episodes, I have found a new show, called "Bloodline" on Netflix. I am in the first of three seasons. Last night, the kids and I started watching "Parks & Recreation" on Netflix. The kids went upstairs around 9 PM. That's when I started watching the first of 3 episodes of "Bloodline." When it was midnight, I went upstairs.

I couldn't sleep for the life of me.

I think I finally dozed off after 1 hour.

I got up at 2 AM and got dressed and brushed my teeth.

I drove Karen to UIHC for her shift and came home. I tried to fall asleep again. It took at least 30 minutes before I could do so.

My alarm went off at 6:15 AM and, let me tell you, I must have fallen into a deep sleep because getting up was difficult. Nonetheless, I got up and went back to UIHC to pick up Karen.

When we got home, I came downstairs to the den to begin my work day. I had a daily huddle meeting, using Zoom, at 8:20 AM and now, at 9:28 AM, Alex is sitting behind me, in the den, listening to his business class about the law through his headphones.

No comments: