Friday, May 30, 2014

Restart

Alex tried to download content from his iPod to the Toshiba last night and iTunes wouldn't open. Megan had mentioned the issue to me a week or so ago and I finally got around to trying to resolve it by reinstalling iTunes myself. It wouldn't work. I even verified that I had the correct version of iTunes - 64 bit - and still, nothing worked.

Since it is nearly half-way done with the year, I have decided I am going to reset the Toshiba back to the factory default. There is something wrong with the installation of Chrome in that it defaults to Tuvaro, not Google, for its home page. I am in the process of copying all the MP3s I converted last night, files from Megan's profile, and pictures I just offloaded from the camera to the MyCloud drive. When that is done, I will reset the laptop. I'd like to get that reset tonight.

In other news, today is a milestone. It is my 3 year anniversary at work. I really embrace where I am as a person and like myself more than I did prior to starting here. I have made strides as a person. While I remained a flawed husband, father, and son, being sober has eliminated at least one troublesome area of my life. Today, in fact, is my 3 1/2 year anniversary of sobriety - how awesome is that?

We have a busy weekend. It starts tomorrow with Alex and I mowing a yard (not ours) before his double-header baseball games at 2 & 4. Karen's brother is picking up Karen and Megan on their way to Rachel's graduation party and then, after the 4 PM game, Alex and I are coming in the Ford truck. It continues on Sunday when we are going from Blue Grass to Zhwingle to pick up the camper and take it to Elkader and parking it on our spot. Then we will come home. I hope to be home by 5.

Next week is crazy. Monday night, we will prepare for camping / Sigwarth campout. Tuesday, Alex has a game. Wednesday, Alex has a game. Thursday morning, Karen and I will drive up to Elkader. Friday morning, I will play golf with the other guys at the Sigwarth campout. Friday afternoon, I hope playing 400 games of Euchre on my phone has prepared me for playing Euchre with the same group of guys that went golfing. Megan and Alex are bringing the GMC to Elkader when they get out of school on Friday. On Saturday, I may be swinging down from Elkader to Ely for a graduation party and then back to Elkader. Otherwise, I'm fairly confident there will be more Euchre and a bean bag tournament. I was on the second place team last year so if I play, I hope I do well. Then, finally, on Sunday, we'll slide the slide-out in and come home.

I haven't even looked beyond Monday, June 9, on my calendar.

No comments: