Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shhh! Stop Talking

I love the music that the original members of KISS made, especially the Destroyer release. I have always respected that music and, as I've described previously, hearing the Gene Simmons solo release on 8 track is a cornerstone of my love for playing the drums. Who knows what I would have done if I had not heard that release?

That said, Ace Frehley needs to be quiet. He needs to stop being hung up on the past, stop being asked what he thinks about the original members not playing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, and anything related to the band in which he is no longer a member. Articles like this one where he speaks negatively about Tommy Thayer are just so unnecessary. There's no point. The jam session at the induction ceremony *didn't* happen, for whatever reason, so it's over. The awful "KISS Loves You" movie tracked his interaction with a fan, but that was several years ago. Now, today, Frehley has a new CD coming out called "Space Invaders" and he needs to focus upon that release and rehearsing for a tour that, I'm sure, will not come through Cedar Rapids or Iowa City or even Des Moines or Moline, IL. That's just my guess.


No comments: