Monday, May 12, 2014

Surviving the Chaos


This photo is what I will remember about Megan's prom in 2014. I love how Alex has on green socks, orange shorts, and a black shirt - what a fashion statement!

As expected, this week is crazy.
  • Monday - band concert
  • Tuesday - I need to mow for the 5th time this season and Alex has baseball practice.
  • Wednesday - Alex has a baseball game in Ainsworth. Megan works 5-10.
  • Thursday - Uncle Rico rehearsal was scheduled, but that has been moved to 5/21 - I think Karen has a hair cut.
  • Friday - Alex has a baseball game & Megan works.
  • Saturday - Alex has a double-header in West Branch, which Karen is taking him to, while Megan and I are going to her audition / rehearsal for the Iowa Ambassadors of Music Europe trip in Des Moines. If there is a Mass around 5 or 5:30 near the school where she is auditioning, I plan to go to Mass there.
  • Sunday - At least Karen and Alex need to go to 11 AM Mass.
Some articles to read about politics:
I haven't posted an update about the CD to MP3 conversion project. I have been working on it. My main issue is that I don't anticipate having a lot of time to sit in the den and have multiple PCs ripping. Instead, I have been able to use the Toshiba laptop in the living room when it is not needed by either kid or Karen. I can say that I crossed 45,000 files over the weekend. I began going through the CDs that I had originally scheduled for June and July, mainly because the rip is more automated than when I am ripping a CD-R and have to manually enter artist, album, and track information.

Finally, I am not all that huge of a Rob Zombie fan. I like his singles but that's about it. I do like that he has recently covered "Enter Sandman" in concert and that he also has brought up former KISS drummer Peter Criss on stage to jam "God of Thunder," which is the first song I ever heard with a drum solo on KISS' "Alive II" release.


No comments: