Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sweetness to the Ears

There's something about watching your son play drums that simply cannot be explained. The U of I drumline camp ended last night with a final concert. I recorded audio of it, with my phone, and Karen recorded some video. Alex played really well and I was happy to hear his instructors tell me he was a good kid. I think he's a good kid so it's sweetness to the ears when someone that has only known him for less than 7 days tells you that you have a good kid.

Another thing that is going on is that I have made considerable progress with the CD reconversion. On the Elkader PC, I've ripped 227 MP3s.
On the Toshiba laptop, I've ripped 173 MP3s.
On the work laptop, I've ripped 205 MP3s.

Doing the math, that's 605 MP3 files that have been added to the CD reconversion project. I'm working on Spindle #30 and "only" have Spindle #31 remaining of my spindles. Then I move on to the 200 CDs from Indy and the 990 CDs in the racks. I started ripping the CDs on the rack because the majority of those CDs are not CD-Rs so I don't have to do any manual work, like looking up artist and album information online because Windows Media Player is looking that up automatically and using the online database to fill in that information for me. I have 34 CDs remaining on Spindle #30 and three being ripped concurrently on the aforementioned devices.

I'm being summoned for breakfast.

No comments: