Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Tunnel Shortens

When I checked the status of the copying of files from the MyCloud drive to the new external hard drive last night, I noticed that Windows Media Player is rearranging folders based upon its settings. Since it's too late to change those settings now, I plan to use a utility to compare the source folder on the MyCloud drive to the destination folder on the external hard drive. Easily, this copying will be done when I get home as there were less than 300 folders remaining when I checked its status before I came in to work.

After the files have been copied to the new external hard drive, and prior to resuming the actual ripping of CDs, I will run a DOS batch file to get an updated count. Because of Uncle Rico rehearsal on Monday night and Alex's baseball game last night, I haven't done any actual ripping of CDs since last week. I guess you could call it a break from the conversion as a focus on the administrative task of copying files.

No comments: