Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Final Preps

Uncle Rico had our final rehearsal prior to Saturday's gig. It was a good rehearsal, but certainly not the best I've ever played. For a stretch of five or so songs, I couldn't nail the tempo. I was either too fast or too slow. We navigated through set 3 as well as some other songs that Greg and I wanted to run through - Greg chose the two Steve Miller songs ("Jet Airliner" and "Rockin' Me") while I wanted to nail the tempo for both "Margaritaville" and "When the Sun Goes Down." We also went through "Royals" since it is a recently added tune.

After rehearsal, I loaded Alex's electronic drums into the van and then helped Greg by carrying some of his equipment out of Gary's house so Greg could load his car. The ride home from Cedar Rapids to North Liberty was uneventful as I scrutinized the recording of our rehearsal that I had created with my cell phone.

The band members are meeting around 5 PM on Saturday to get set up for our 7 PM start time. I am already anxious and excited.

No comments: